FINANCIAL AID RATE57%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE28
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$3,688
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Lone Star College – Montgomery
416 W Jefferson Blvd, Dallas, TX
The Lone Star College System (LSCS) was founded under the name North Harris Community College in 1973 and now serves as the third largest community college system in the state of Texas. It has since included seven campuses in total, with district offices now located at the 165-acre Montgomery campus in The Woodlands.
There are more than 40 programs being offered at LSC-Montgomery under an open enrollment admission policy. This two-year college is known for its courses in the areas of nursing, criminal justice, fire science, human services, and computer information technology, among others. Non-credit programs are also offered through Continuing Education courses for corporate training, workforce development seminars, and annual youth classes.
Students at LSC-Montgomery are provided career counseling and guidance towards transferring credits to other universities to pursue four-year degrees. The LSC University Center Campus was created to facilitate such transfers, in collaboration with six universities: Texas A&M, Texas South, Sam Houston State, Prairie View A&M, University of Houston, and University of Houston-Downtown.
The Office of Student Activities oversees several student clubs and organizations as well as the Honors Program at LSC-Montgomery. Sports and recreational events are handled by the same department, holding intramural tournaments for basketball, tennis, volleyball, soccer, and baseball each semester.
Facilities within campus grounds include the LSC-Montgomery Center for the Arts, theater, wellness center, and a sports complex. Plans for building a health science center as well as an arts instructional building are currently under way. Security throughout all campuses is handled by the LSCS Police Department.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Lone Star College – Montgomery accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,400. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $1,200-$1,400
- Out-of-State: $5,000-$6,019
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $49-$59 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $210-$250 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||57%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||53%||$5,468|
|Receiving Student Loans||14%||$3,726|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Lone Star College – Montgomery may provide services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: LSCS - North Harris Coll
- English Language Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (since 2000)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1981)
Campus: LSCS - Cy-Fair Coll
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2005)
- Radiology Technician Program
- * Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2006)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lone Star College – Montgomery.
- Houston Community College System in Houston, TX (32 miles away)
- San Jacinto College in San Antonio, TX (43 miles away)
- Lee College in Laredo, TX (44 miles away)
- Blinn College in Beeville, TX (55 miles away)
- College of the Mainland in Lubbock, TX (62 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: