FINANCIAL AID RATE89%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO23:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE10
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$4,505
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Moberly Area Community College (MACC)
101 College Ave, Moberly, MO
Moberly Area Community College, located in Moberly, Missouri, was founded in 1927 and is commonly referred to as MACC. The school was originally known as Moberly Junior College and operated by the local public school system, receiving permanent housing in 1931. The college experienced growth in the 1970's and 1980's, forming its own community college district that covered 16 counties. As a result the school has six satellite campuses to make access to education and other services easier for residents.
MACC is a comprehensive community college that offers academic and career training opportunities. Academic transfer programs allow students to complete the first two years of education locally, followed by transfer to their school of choice to complete a bachelor's degree. Career training programs are for individuals seeking employment in skill oriented high demand fields or industries. Programs take between one and two years to complete and result in a degree or certificate upon completion.
Programs offered include:
Individuals interested in enrollment at MACC may do so by completing an application for admission and paying the associated fees. Students should be at least eighteen years of age or have a high school diploma. Students are asked to provide transcripts and test scores if available, and to meet with a counselor prior to registration to discuss program enrollment options. Financial aid is available in the form of loans, grants and scholarships and is awarded based on need as determined by the information provided by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the students MACC accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,700-$3,300
- Out-of-State: $6,300-$7,524
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $91-$110 per unit
- Out-of-State: $210-$250 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$5,004|
|Receiving Student Loans||14%||$3,037|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Moberly Area Community College may offer services including:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Moberly Area Community College
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (since 1980)
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- * Accredited by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (since 1968)
Campus: Columbia Higher Education Center
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- * Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 2010)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Moberly Area Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Other Community Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Moberly Area Community College.
- State Fair Community College in Saint Louis, MO (66 miles away)
- John Wood Community College in Chicago, IL (68 miles away)
- North Central Missouri College in Poplar Bluff, MO (77 miles away)
- St Charles Community College in San Diego, CA (108 miles away)
- Southeastern Community College - West Burlington in Indianola, IA (117 miles away)