Interested individuals in and around Palm Desert may obtain a cosmetology education by enrolling at International School of Beauty. This school is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, and has done so for the last three years. International School of Beauty has a comprehensive cosmetology program that prepares students for entry into the beauty industry as qualified and licensed professionals.
In addition to cosmetology, International School of Beauty Inc also offers a nail technology program for individuals who would like to pursue nail artistry, a cosmetology instructor training program for professionals that wish to become a cosmetology instructor, and an esthetics program, which offers an excellent education in the field of skin care and treatment.
Over the last couple of years close to 440 students have completed programs at this school, with about 78% of those who start the program continue on to graduate. This school reported individuals had a federal loan default rate of approximately 4% in the latest reporting year for the school.
International School of Beauty offers remedial education classes for licensure preparation or admissions requirements and help with finding job options for students. Local and state licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students look into getting a license in cosmetology. For additional information regarding licensing and consumer disclosures, interested individuals may visit the school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at International School of Beauty Inc. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (408) 864-5678.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered commonly takes about fourteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $19,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,500*
- 33 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 14 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Barber (1,500 Hours)
The barber program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- 20 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 12 months
The esthetician programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
900 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $12,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,200*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
600 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,000*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Massage Therapy (600 Hours)
The massage therapy program takes about four months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $7,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- 8 students completed the massage therapy program last year
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Read more and find other schools listed by checking out our massage therapy schools profile page.
The program takes about three months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $4,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at International School of Beauty is $9,400. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. A fee of $75 is required from all applicants. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (760) 674-1624 x31. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||72%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||66%||$7,309|
|Receiving Student Loans||65%||$5,203|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to International School of Beauty Inc. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Coachella Valley Beauty College in Hollywood, CA (6 miles away)
- Milan Institute of Cosmetology - La Quinta in Saginaw, MI (6 miles away)
- Champion Institute of Cosmetology in Ponce, PR (11 miles away)
- Elite Cosmetology School in Honolulu, HI (28 miles away)
- Esthetiques Cosmetology Institute in ARTESIA, CA (46 miles away)
- Royale College of Beauty in Concord, CA (47 miles away)