Students interested in a career in cosmetology and beauty can obtain an education through John Jay Beauty College, which is located in a metropolitan area of Kenner, Louisiana. For the last thirty straight years this school has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. This school's cosmetology program is constructed to train students for gainful employment upon completion, providing all the skills needed to prepare students for licensure and employment in the beauty industry. In addition, this school also has an esthetics program, for individuals who want to specialize in skin care and treatments.
The school enrolls around 140 students annually, providing students an excellent learning atmosphere, with students completing the programs with a graduate rate of around 61%.
John Jay Beauty College provides student services including job placement opportunities for graduates in need of employment and cosmetology career counseling assistance for current and graduated students. Students must look up state and county licensing requirements to make sure programs meet established standards. For additional information regarding licensure preparation, interested individuals may visit the school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at John Jay Beauty College – Kenner. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (225) 752-4233.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $11,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,400*
- 34 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Esthetician (750 Hours)
Esthetician program takes usually six months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $6,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,200*
- 37 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Get more information about esthetician and browse other schools listed by visiting our esthetician schools profile page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,400. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (504) 467-2774 x13. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$3,214|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to John Jay Beauty College – Kenner. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Vanguard College of Cosmetology - Metairie in San Marcos, CA (4 miles away)
- Stevensons Academy of Hair Design in Lake Charles, LA (11 miles away)
- My - Le's Beauty College - Gretna in Wichita, KS (14 miles away)
- Vanguard College of Cosmetology in St. Benedict, LA (31 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - Covington in Pineville, LA (34 miles away)
- South Louisiana Beauty College in Slidell, LA (40 miles away)
- Omega Institute of Cosmetology in Rochester, NY (42 miles away)