Located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Portsmouth Beauty School, Inc. is a private beauty school that offers career education for students interested in cosmetology. Portsmouth Beauty School of Hair Design is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last 37 consecutive years. Portsmouth Beauty School, Inc. primarily provides education and training in the area of cosmetology by experienced teaching professionals, increasing the chances that students who complete the program are equipped with the skills and education necessary to pursue licensure and gainful employment.
Enrollment at Portsmouth Beauty School of Hair Design is approximately 37 students per year, with about 95% of students who start the program continue on to graduate. In 2009 the reported default rate of students taking student loans to pay the tuition and fees for this school was approximately 2.7%.
Portsmouth Beauty School of Hair Design offers student services such as cosmetology career counseling for current and graduated students and job placement opportunities for graduates in need of employment. Students are advised to look up state and county licensing requirements to ensure programs meet established standards. For information and consumer disclosures, please check out school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Portsmouth Beauty School of Hair Design. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (603) 427-7600.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually twelve months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $18,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,200*
- 22 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (800 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about seven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- Takes about 7 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $15,500 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $100. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (603) 436-5456. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Portsmouth Beauty School of Hair Design for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||81%||$4,540|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$7,812|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Portsmouth Beauty School of Hair Design. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Somersworth in Laconia, NH (15 miles away)
- Spa Tech Institute - Ipswich in Conway, AR (27 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Hooksett in Lexington, KY (35 miles away)
- Michaels School of Hair Design and Esthetics in Warner, NH (37 miles away)
- Laird Institute of Spa Therapy in Pembroke Pines, FL (37 miles away)
- EINE Inc in Valley View, OH (40 miles away)
- Continental Academie of Hair Design - Hudson in New London, NH (40 miles away)
- Lowell Academy Hairstyling Institute in Cambridge, MA (41 miles away)