Students interested in a career in cosmetology may obtain an education through Stroudsburg School of Cosmetology, which is located in a rural area of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. This school is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, and has done so for the last thirty-one straight years. Stroudsburg School of Cosmetology offers an in-depth cosmetology program that readies individuals for entry into the beauty industry as licensed and qualified professionals. In addition, Stroudsburg School of Cosmetology also offers a cosmetology instructor training program for individuals who want to teach cosmetology as a career and a nail technology program for students who wish to pursue nail artistry.
This school graduates approximately 37 students yearly, with a graduation rate of around 83%. The estimated average default rate of individuals taking student loans over the reported last three years (2007-2009) was around 4.7%.
Stroudsburg School of Cosmetology provides student services such as cosmetology career guidance to help students and job placement opportunities for students looking for work. Students are asked to look up state and county licensing regulations to determine whether programs meet current standards. Please visit the school's official website for full details on programs & disclosures.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Stroudsburg School of Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (484) 526-3401.
Cosmetology (1,250 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually nine months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $18,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,900*
- 30 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 9 months
Learn more and browse other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools information page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes usually five months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
program takes usually two months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $4,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $600*
- The length of the program is usually 2 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $17,900. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (570) 421-3387. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$4,570|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$11,702|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Stroudsburg School of Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- The Vision Academy in Meadville, PA (28 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Lehigh Valley in Pottsville, PA (29 miles away)
- Metro Beauty Academy in Somerset, PA (34 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Wyoming Valley in Lawrenceville, GA (37 miles away)
- Artistic Academy of Hair Design in Raleigh, NC (38 miles away)
- Jolie Hair and Beauty Academy of Wilkes - Barre in Erie, PA (40 miles away)
- Jolie Hair And Beauty Academy - Hazleton in Portland, OR (41 miles away)
- Robert Fiance Beauty Schools - North Plainfield in Hilo, HI (47 miles away)