STUDENT TEACHER RATIO7:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE44
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$4,985
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
CUNY Graduate School and University Center
Also known as The Graduate Center
160 Convent Ave, New York, NY
CUNY Graduate School and University Center, a public graduate institution, is located in New York, New York. Enrollment at this school is nearly six thousand students annually. CUNY Graduate School and University Center is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education to offer degree awards in a number of programs.
This school also offers undergraduate programs as well, with an average tuition for these programs approximately $5,600 yearly. Out of state and nonresidents of New York will have to pay a higher tuition rate of around $13,000 per year. Yearly tuition costs for graduate students is estimated to be close to $7,700. For out of state residents the tuition rate will be different, estimated to be around $21,000 per year.
Areas of study offered at The Graduate Center include:
- Liberal Arts
Students may visit the school's website to view additional information regarding enrollment and financial aid.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students CUNY Graduate School and University Center accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at CUNY Graduate School and University Center is about 8,000, with undergraduate students making up about 28% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $6,900-$8,300
- Out-of-State: $15,000-$17,860
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $310-$370 per unit
- Out-of-State: $620-$740 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||30%||$4,985|
|Student Loans (Federal)||16%||$6,427|
Academics & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, CUNY Graduate School and University Center may offer services like:
- Online course work available
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care for children
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Audiology (Au.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (since 2010)
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Psychological Association, Commission on Accreditation (since 2015)
- School Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Psychological Association, Commission on Accreditation (since 2000)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by CUNY Graduate School and University Center by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Graduate Schools
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to CUNY Graduate School and University Center.
- Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion in Columbus, OH (2 miles away)
- Rockefeller University in Rochester, NY (2 miles away)
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine in Bronx, NY (3 miles away)
- Bank Street College of Education in Brooklyn, NY (4 miles away)
- Teachers College at Columbia University in Rochester, NY (4 miles away)