FINANCIAL AID RATE91%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO8:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE6
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$7,471
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Mercy College of Health Sciences
3700 S Center St, Marshalltown, IA
Mercy College of Health Science in Des Moines, Iowa has over 100 years of healthcare training. If you are looking to join some of the nation's best healthcare workers, then check out the education that Mercy College in Iowa has to offer. Associate degree programs are available in fields like Physical Therapy, Nursing, and Medical Assisting. Mercy College is part of Mercy Medical Center, a small private non-profit Catholic hospital.
MCHS maintains dozens of relationships with local medical facilities to provide real-world training for their students. In addition to the hospital, Mercy Medical Center operates several clinics where students get hands-on training interacting with real patients.
The Des Moines area is home to tons of restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and cultural attractions. Students can enjoy outdoor activities also such as bike riding and hiking, or taking a trip to the local zoo or farmer's market.
Less than 700 students per year are enrolled into Mercy College's health programs which include training in these rewarding and in-demand careers:
- Emergency Medical Services
- Health Care Administration
- Health Science (Pre Med)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Nursing (ASN)
- [RN to BSN] Nursing
- Polysomnographic [Sleep] Technology
Certificate programs are also available; some can have you starting a new career in as little as seven weeks! Tuition prices vary depending on the program, but most short-term certificate programs cost less than $1,000.
Counseling and tutoring services are available to students if they are experiencing personal or academic difficulties.
Start on the path to your new career today by requesting information from Mercy College!
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the students Mercy College of Health Sciences accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Mercy College of Health Sciences has a total student population of about 730. The student body is made up of 100% undergraduate students and 6% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $20,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $700 to $840 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$7,655|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$8,811|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Mercy College of Health Sciences may provide student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Mercy College of Health Sciences by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Health and Clinical Professions
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Mercy College of Health Sciences.
- Mercy - St. Luke's School of Radiologic Technology in Fort Myers, FL (105 miles away)
- Alegent Health School of Radiologic Technology in Hastings, NE (127 miles away)
- St Luke's College in Davenport, IA (156 miles away)
- Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences in Chicago, IL (158 miles away)
- Blessing Rieman College of Nursing in Carlinville, IL (163 miles away)