STUDENT TEACHER RATIO4:1
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Sanford Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology
1101 W 22nd St, Sioux Falls, SD
Sanford Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The program requires two years of study. Classes are held from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Students will receive clinical opportunities. Roughly 10% of the student’s total clinical hours are spent on evening and weekend assignments. Students will not be scheduled more than 40 hours per week, or 10 hours per day. The cost of tuition is $1,500. Getting a degree doesn’t have to cost a lot.
Upon graduation, students will receive a certificate. Students who complete the program can apply to the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) for the nationally recognized certification examination. This certification provides one with the credentials needed to be a professional radiologic technologist.
The outlook for radiologic technologist is excellent. They are an important cog in the health care system. Radiologist Technicians provide images of bones, organs, and vessels to doctors. The technologist works with the guidance of a radiologist (a licensed doctor of medicine specializing in the use of x-ray and radioisotopes for diagnosis or therapeutic purposes in medicine).
Radiologic Technologists can specialize in sonography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), mammography, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology, radiation therapy, quality management, education or management. Entry level salaries start at $40,000 depending on location.
How to Apply
- A completed application form
- Official high school transcript or certificate of GED scores
- Students must take the ACT and report their scores
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools
- Three references. References should complete the form and place it in a sealed envelope
- Eligibility for an interview will be determined by a point system based on a composite score of the above application materials
- Interviews will be announced after January 31st deadline
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Sanford Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology.
- School of Radiologic Technology - Avera McKennan Hospital in Watertown, SD (1 miles away)
- Avera Sacred Heart Hospital in Aberdeen, SD (57 miles away)
- Alegent Health School of Radiologic Technology in Hastings, NE (163 miles away)
- Mercy - St. Luke's School of Radiologic Technology in Fort Myers, FL (279 miles away)