FINANCIAL AID RATE91%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO14:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE186
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$5,577
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Also known as Mount Mercy College
1330 Elmhurst Dr NE, Cedar Rapids, IA
Ashford University is a coeducational liberal arts university that offers online degree programs. There are more than 50 undergraduate degree programs and ten graduate degree programs to choose from. Ashford University is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Ave, Suite 100 Alameda CA 94501, 510.748.9001, http://www.wascsenior.org. For more information about program cost, educational debt, and completion rates of students who attended this program, please visit
Information Provided By School
Technology changes everything®
Now school comes to you, making earning your college degree a real possibility. Ashford University is where higher education meets technology. Ashford students can earn their degree online while accessing information and interacting with fellow students from anywhere they can take their smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Experience a new way of learning through the innovative online experience at Ashford University. Earn the Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree you’ve always wanted. Your Ashford University experience brings you:
Choose from online college degrees in some of today’s in-demand fields including health care, education, business, and liberal arts.
The world is your campus. The tools available to you through Ashford University, including a mobile app, coursework content in the cloud, a portal for students, and much more lets you keep in touch with your courses and classmates while on-the-go.
Ashford’s Honors College offers high-achieving undergraduate students an opportunity to enhance their degree programs with advanced curriculum. Honors graduates receive special recognition for their accomplishments.
You’re never alone. Your team at Ashford includes advisors, faculty members, mentors, writing consultants, librarians, career services specialists, and more. Get the support you need to be successful in earning your degree.
Join a diverse student body where you belong. Students, faculty, and alumni interact and support each other from across the country and the world. Social media allow everyone in the Ashford community to connect and network whenever you wish. At the end of your journey, meet your fellow graduates at commencement. Thousands of students from across the country gather to celebrate.
If you had your degree, would it change you? Join Ashford University. Enroll today.
Ashford University's Mission
To provide accessible, affordable, innovative, high-quality learning opportunities and degree programs that meet the diverse needs of individuals pursuing integrity in their lives, professions and communities.
Certain degree programs may not be available in all states.
Successful completion of the below programs by themselves do not lead to certification or licensure in any state. These degree programs will not make one eligible for traditional or alternative teacher certification or licensure in the State of Georgia or the State of Hawaii.
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Education Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language Learner Studies
- Master of Arts in Education
Ashford University is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wascsenior.org. WSCUC is a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Founded by the Sisters of St. Francis in 1918 as Mount St. Clare College, it became the Franciscan University in 2002, and Ashford University in 2005. Ashford University continues its original mission to provide affordable and innovative education to adult learners.
Ashford University offers a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in a range of majors. Students may double-major or add a minor or specialization to any of the bachelor's degree programs. Ashford University's online programs classes run continuously, rather than in semesters. You can take one course at a time in sequence. As soon as you complete a course, you move to the next course without a break. You can enroll and begin your course sequence in a degree program anytime. Online students can participate on their own schedule.
Ashford University students may pursue their bachelor's degree program in one of four colleges:
Forbes School of Business & Technology™
- BA in Accounting
- BA in Business Administration
- BA in Business Information Systems
- BA in Business Leadership
- BA in Entrepreneurship
- BA in Finance
- BA in Human Resources Management
- BA in International Business
- BA in Operations Management and Analysis
- BA in Organizational Management
- BA in Project Management
- BA in Public Administration
- BA in Public Relations and Marketing
- BA in Real Estate Studies
- BA in Service Management
- BA in Sports and Recreation Management
- BA in Supply Chain Management
- MA in Organizational Management
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Information Systems Management
- Master of Public Administration
College of Education
- AA in Early Childhood Education
- BA in Child Development
- BA in Cognitive Studies
- BA in Early Childhood Education
- BA in Early Childhood Education Administration
- BA in Education Studies
- BA in English Language Learner Studies
- BA in Instructional Design
- BA in Library Science and Media
- MA in Education
- MA in Special Education
- MA in Teaching and Learning with Technology
College of Health, Human Services and Science
- BA in Applied Behavioral Science
- BA in Complementary and Alternative Health
- BA in Gerontology
- BA in Health and Human Services
- BA in Health and Wellness
- BA in Health Care Administration
- BA in Health Education
- BA in Psychology
- BS in Health Information Management
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- MA in Health Care Administration
- MA in Psychology
College of Liberal Arts
- AA in Military Studies
- BA in Applied Linguistics
- BA in Communication Studies
- BA in Cultural Anthropology
- BA in English
- BA in Environmental Studies
- BA in History
- BA in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- BA in Journalism and Mass Communication
- BA in Law Enforcement Administration
- BA in Liberal Arts
- BA in Military Studies
- BA in Political Science and Government
- BA in Social and Criminal Justice
- BA in Social Science
- BA in Sociology
- MS in Criminal Justice
Programs Disclaimer: Certain degree programs may not be available in all states.
Ashford University has an active student community with many clubs and special interest organizations:
- Anthropology Club
- Anyone Can Code Club
- Early Childhood Education Club
- Forbes School of Business & Technology Business Management Club
- Forbes School of Business & Technology Marketing Club
- Forbes School of Business & Technology Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Chapter
- Forbes School of Business & Technology Student Leadership/Entrepreneurship/Service Management Club
- Forbes School of Business & Technology Women Leaders
- History Association
- Instruction Design at Ashford (IDA)
- Online College of Education Undergraduate Club
- Online Psychology Club
- Social Science Club
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Student Veterans Organizations (SVO)
Ashford University encourages all students to participate in commencement ceremonies. Ashford University has two long-standing honor societies available to high-achieving students. Alpha Sigma Lambda was founded in 1945 and honors adult students who maintain high scholastic standards while also juggling the responsibilities of work and family. Alpha Sigma Lambda is a chapter-based honor society that is open to full- and part-time students.
The Golden Kay International Honor Society was founded in 1977 to recognize academic excellence and achievement among college students across all academic disciplines. It functions locally, regionally and globally.
The University's mascot is Champ, the St. Bernard.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the candidates Ashford University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Ashford University is around 35,000 students, where graduate students make up roughly 2% of the student body.
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Ashford University may offer student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ashford University.
- University of Dubuque in Des Moines, IA (51 miles away)
- Loras College in Fort Dodge, IA (51 miles away)
- Clarke University in Pella, IA (52 miles away)
- Rasmussen College - Rockford in Houma, LA (63 miles away)
- Eureka College in Elmhurst, IL (92 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: