FINANCIAL AID RATE100%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO19:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE28
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$13,340
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Virtual Tour of Campus
639 38th St, Rock Island, IL
Aurora University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Aurora, IL, the campus resides in a suburban setting for students to study in. Enrollment at Aurora University is nearly four thousand annually.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by admissions officials. Most students admitted to AU have an SAT score in a range of 930 to 1060, or an ACT score within the range of 20 to 24. An estimated 70 percent of all applicant were admitted at AU, with 35 percent of those admitted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at aurora.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $21,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $4,300. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Aurora University is the "Spartans", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
For a complete list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.aurora.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the candidates Aurora University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Aurora University has a total student population of about 6,000, with undergraduate students making up about 67% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $27,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $710 to $850 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$16,309|
|Receiving Student Loans||65%||$6,043|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Aurora University may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1983)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2013)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2008)
Aurora University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northern Athletics Conference)
- Basketball (Northern Athletics Conference)
- Football (Northern Athletics Conference)
- Ice Hockey
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Aurora University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Aurora University.
- North Central College in Niles, IL (11 miles away)
- Benedictine University in Chicago, IL (13 miles away)
- Wheaton College in Macomb, IL (15 miles away)
- Lewis University in Godfrey, IL (17 miles away)
- University of St Francis in Peoria, IL (20 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: