FINANCIAL AID RATE97%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO14:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE20
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$22,356
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Virtual Tour of Campus
College Video Tour
One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX
Baylor University, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Waco, Texas, the school resides in an urban setting for students to study in. The school maintains a Baptist affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately 15,000 students are enrolled annually at Baylor University.
Students can select from a few areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. The most common standardized test scores among students accepted to this school are in the range of 24 - 29 on the ACT, or 1660 - 1980 on the SAT exam. 40% of applicants are accepted to this school, of which 20% choose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at baylor.edu.
The cost of tuition is approximately $35,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to use the school's net price calculator to better understand their cost of attending this school. Housing may be available for those who wish to live on-campus for a cost of $5,200 for the year. Students attending Baylor University may be eligible for aid which is typically loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for Baylor University is the "Bears", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through oversight by the NCAA. Available sports offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-A)
- Football (NCAA Division I-A)
Students can visit the school's http://www.baylor.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Baylor University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Baylor University is around 17,000 students, with undergraduate students making up about 82% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $43,000-$51,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $2,000 for part time students
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$25,467|
|Receiving Student Loans||47%||$11,254|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Baylor University may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) Program
- Dietetics Program
- Health Services Administration Program
- Law Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Graduate Level Public Health (Outside School of Public Health) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
- Theology (Ministry) Program
Baylor University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-FBS classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Big Twelve Conference)
- Basketball (Big Twelve Conference)
- Track and Field (Big Twelve Conference)
- Football (Big Twelve Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Baylor University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Baylor University.
- University of Mary Hardin - Baylor in Texas City, TX (39 miles away)
- Southwestern Adventist University in San Marcos, TX (60 miles away)
- Southwestern University in Waxahachie, TX (72 miles away)
- Paul Quinn College in Paris, TX (81 miles away)
- Dallas Baptist University in Carrollton, TX (81 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: