FINANCIAL AID RATE60%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO6:1
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$42,652
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Brown University (YTI)
1405 Williams Road, York, PA
Brown University provides a variety of program options for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Providence, RI and operated as a private institution. Enrollment at Brown University exceeds eight thousand annually.
Students may choose from several areas of study, including:
- Social Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Studies
Students applying for admission are asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores between 29 - 33 on the ACT or 1920 - 2250 on the SAT are recommended to increase your chances for getting accepted. Competition runs high for admissions, given that only 9% of students who applied are accepted to the school. More information from the admissions office can be found via the school or from our secure portal by requesting information.
The cost of tuition is approximately $46,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. The cost of on-campus housing is around $7,400 for the year. Students at Brown University may qualify for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Brown University "Bears" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Sports available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Fencing (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students can visit the school's brown.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the applicants Brown University accepts.
The total student enrollment at Brown University is about 10,000, with undergraduate students making up about 69% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $57,000-$69,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,800 to $2,100 per unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||60%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||45%||$43,812|
|Receiving Student Loans||25%||$8,232|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Brown University may provide student services like:
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (since 1963)
- Graduate Level Public Health (Outside School of Public Health) Program
- * Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (since 2002)
Brown University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-FCS classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Ivy Group)
- Basketball (Ivy Group)
- Track and Field (Ivy Group)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Ivy Group)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
- Water Polo
- Other Sports
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Brown University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Brown University.
- Providence College in Pawtucket, RI (2 miles away)
- Bryant University in Providence, RI (8 miles away)
- Roger Williams University in Providence, RI (15 miles away)
- Wheaton College - Norton in Westfield, MA (15 miles away)
- Dean College in Somerville, MA (18 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: