FINANCIAL AID RATE53%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO11:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE16
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$40,160
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
1918 F Street, NW, Washington, DC
GU is a nonprofit private university that has a large selection of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Washington, District Of Columbia, in a predominantly urban area. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Enrollment at GU is nearly seventeen thousand yearly.
Students can select from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Social Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. The majority of students admitted to Georgetown University achieve an SAT score within the range of 1290 - 1500, or an ACT composite score in a range of 30 - 33. Only 20% of applicants are accepted to the school due to the huge number of applicants and the intense competition for the limited enrollment spots. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $46,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's net price calculator to determine cost. Housing may be available for those that want to live on-campus for a cost of $9,800 for the year. GU may provide financial aid for students who are eligible in the form of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Georgetown University is the "Hoyas", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division I-AA)
Contact information, financial aid information, areas of study offered, and more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.georgetown.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the applicants Georgetown University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Georgetown University is around 19,000 students, with undergraduate students making up about 39% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $55,000-$67,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $2,300 to $2,800 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||53%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||44%||$43,071|
|Receiving Student Loans||29%||$6,774|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Georgetown University may provide services like:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) & Supervisory CPE Program
- Health Services Administration Program
- Law Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Nurse Midwifery Education Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
Georgetown University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-FCS classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Big East Conference)
- Basketball (Big East Conference)
- Track and Field (Big East Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Patriot League)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Georgetown University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Georgetown University.
- George Washington University in Washington, DC (1 miles away)
- American University in New Castle, DE (2 miles away)
- Howard University in Washington, DC (3 miles away)
- Marymount University in Fredericksburg, VA (3 miles away)
- Trinity Washington University in Washington, DC (4 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- See all colleges in District Of Columbia
- Compare other District Of Columbia private colleges
- See if these other Christian Colleges in District Of Columbia may interest you?