FINANCIAL AID RATE100%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO11:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE8
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$24,735
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Lynchburg College (LC)
173 Skirmisher Lane, Middletown, VA
LC is a nonprofit private college that has a fair number of majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Lynchburg, VA, in a predominantly urban area. The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. Over two thousand students enroll at Lynchburg College yearly.
Students may pick from several areas of study, including:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Communications And Journalism
- Business And Marketing Studies
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores between 1330 - 1650 on the SAT and between 19 - 24 on the ACT is common among students accepted to LC. This school has an admissions rate of 68 percent of which only 19 percent chose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at lynchburg.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $34,000 for the year, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students may visit the school's price of attendance calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Housing is available for students and costs approximately $4,600 per year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of grants or student loans.
The LC Hornets participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
Students who wish to see more about this school can visit their website at http://www.lynchburg.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates Lynchburg College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Lynchburg College has a total student population of about 3,100, with undergraduate students making up about 68% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $44,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Per unit charges are around $590 for part time students
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$25,853|
|Receiving Student Loans||68%||$8,044|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Lynchburg College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
Lynchburg College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III without football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lynchburg College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lynchburg College.
- Randolph College in Ashland, VA (2 miles away)
- Sweet Briar College in Arlington, VA (12 miles away)
- Southern Virginia University in Wendell, NC (25 miles away)
- Washington and Lee University in Virginia Beach, VA (30 miles away)
- Hampden - Sydney College in Locust Grove, VA (41 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Virginia
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Virginia
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Virginia