FINANCIAL AID RATE100%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO11:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE14
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$19,138
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Also known as University of Kansas
Strong Hall, 1450 Jayhawk Blvd, Room 230, Lawrence, KS
Newman University is a nonprofit private institution located in Wichita, Kansas and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Enrollment at Newman University is nearly two thousand per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. The most common exam scores among applicants admitted to Newman University are between 21 - 27 for the ACT exam, or 1360 - 1810 for the SAT exam. 43% of applicants are admitted to Newman University, of which 15% choose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $24,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's net price calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is about $4,000. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered as grants or student loans.
The Newman University Jets participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
- Softball (NCAA Division II)
Students should visit the school's http://www.newmanu.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the applicants University of Kansas accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Newman University is around 3,400 students, where graduate students make up roughly 5% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $30,000-$36,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,000-$1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$23,239|
|Receiving Student Loans||50%||$5,296|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Newman University may provide services including:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Newman University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II without football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Basketball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Newman University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Newman University.
- Friends University in Haviland, KS (0.7 miles away)
- Bethel College - North Newton in Lindsborg, KS (28 miles away)
- Southwestern College - WInfield in Liberal, KS (37 miles away)
- Tabor College in Sterling, KS (48 miles away)
- Central Christian College of Kansas in El Dorado, KS (50 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: