FINANCIAL AID RATE100%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO12:1
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$18,404
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
Pacific Union College (PUC)
3424 Wilshire Blvd. 12th floor, Los Angeles, CA
Pacific Union College is a nonprofit private college that has a large number of majors and degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Angwin, California, in a predominantly rural area. The school's Seventh Day Adventists affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Enrollment at PUC exceeds 1,500 per year.
Areas of study offered at Pacific Union College include but are not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Services
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then studied by the admissions staff. Students may provide either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions at Pacific Union College. A score in a range of 1310 - 1710 on the SAT, or 18 - 25 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. PUC admits around 50% of applicants annually. Of those applicants admitted, about 31% registered for enrollment. More information from the admissions office can be found at puc.edu.
The cost of tuition is around $29,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better understand their cost of attendance. Housing is available for students, which costs around $4,700 per year. Some students at PUC may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Pacific Union College Pioneers participate in several athletic programs, overseen by the NAIA. Athletic programs available may include but not limited to:
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Soccer (NAIA Division II)
- Track and Field, X-Country (NAIA Division II)
- Volleyball (NAIA Division II)
Students should visit the school's http://www.puc.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the applicants Pacific Union College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Pacific Union College is about 1,100, where graduate students make up roughly 15% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $30,000-$36,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $950 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$19,603|
|Receiving Student Loans||72%||$6,620|
Academics & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Pacific Union College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Day care for children
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1970)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1968)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1984)
Pacific Union College is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (California Pacific Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Pacific Union College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Pacific Union College.
- Dominican University of California in Pleasant Hill, CA (41 miles away)
- Notre Dame de Namur University in Fremont, CA (73 miles away)
- Northwestern Polytechnic University in Van Nuys, CA (81 miles away)
- Santa Clara University in Santa Barbara, CA (89 miles away)
- Simpson University in Santa Ana, CA (142 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in California
- Get a list of all private colleges in California
- See if these other Christian Colleges in California may interest you?