FINANCIAL AID RATE98%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO13:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE56
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$19,555
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)
2301 Westside Dr, Rochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology is a nonprofit private institution located in Rochester, NY and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Rochester Institute of Technology has an annual student enrollment of about sixteen thousand.
Areas of study offered at Rochester Institute of Technology include but are not limited to:
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Computer And Information Sciences
- Engineering Technology
- Visual And Performing Arts
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit school records, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Very common exam scores among applicants admitted to RIT are between 25 - 30 on the ACT, or 1620 - 1960 for the SAT exam. This school accepts roughly 60% of applicants yearly. Of those students admitted, around 29% attended the school. More information from the admissions office can be found at rit.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $35,000 per year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's tuition calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Housing is available for students and costs about $6,700 for the year. Students enrolled at Rochester Institute of Technology may qualify for aid which is usually loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The RIT Tigers participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, as part of the NCAA organization. Athletic programs available may include:
- Ice Hockey
Students who would like to view more about Rochester Institute of Technology can take a look at their website at http://www.rit.edu/.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants RIT accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Rochester Institute of Technology is around 16,000 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 17% enrolling as graduate students and 82% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $44,000-$53,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,600 to $1,900 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition, allowing students to purchase tuition at current rates for future years.
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$22,552|
|Receiving Student Loans||68%||$8,753|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Rochester Institute of Technology may provide services including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care for children
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 1966)
- Dietetics Program
- * Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 1976)
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council, Accreditation Committee (since 2007)
Rochester Institute of Technology is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association)
- Basketball (Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Rochester Institute of Technology by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Saint John Fisher College in Utica, NY (8 miles away)
- Hobart William Smith Colleges in Hamburg, NY (39 miles away)
- Keuka College in Ossining, NY (44 miles away)
- Houghton College in Hempstead, NY (52 miles away)
- Wells College in Glen Cove, NY (58 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: