FINANCIAL AID RATE96%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO14:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE16
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$16,244
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
St. Andrews University
505A Cross Creek Mall, Fayetteville, NC
St. Andrews University is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Laurinburg, North Carolina, which is a predominantly rural area. The Presbyterian Church affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. St. Andrews University, with only around 440 students enrolled, offers smaller class sizes and hands on instruction as part of its commitment to students.
Areas of study offered at St. Andrews University include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The school maintains an open enrollment policy, accepting any applicants that meet the minimum requirements for admission. Submission of transcripts, records, test scores, and admissions essays may be required for certain programs.
Tuition is approximately $24,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's net price calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Some students at St. Andrews University may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
St. Andrews University has several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
Students may take a look at the school's http://www.sapc.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates St. Andrews University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at St. Andrews University is around 680 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 28% enrolling as graduate students and 96% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $28,000-$33,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $330 for part time students
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $13,000, the price includes nineteen meals every week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$18,721|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$6,413|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, St. Andrews University may provide services to students like:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Liberal Arts Education Program
- * Accredited by the American Academy for Liberal Education (since 2008)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1990)
St. Andrews University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Appalachian Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Appalachian Athletic Conference)
- Football (Mid-South Conference)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by St. Andrews University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to St. Andrews University.
- Johnson C Smith University in Kenansville, NC (85 miles away)
- Saint Augustine's University in Salisbury, NC (86 miles away)
- Bennett College for Women in Belmont, NC (93 miles away)
- Belmont Abbey College in Washington, NC (95 miles away)
- Allen University in Graniteville, SC (102 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: