FINANCIAL AID RATE99%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO18:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE74
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$8,226
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
Austin Peay State University (TCAT-Athens)
1635 Technology Way, Athens, TN
APSU is a public institution that has a fair number of majors and degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Clarksville, TN, in a predominantly urban area. Over eleven thousand students enroll at Austin Peay State University per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs APSU offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Communications And Journalism
Students applying for admission are most often asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 840 - 1080 on the SAT and between 19 - 23 on the ACT is typical among students admitted to Austin Peay State University. 88% of students that apply are accepted to this school, of which 57% choose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at apsu.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs approximately $7,100 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $22,000 annually. Housing is available for students, and generally costs approximately $4,800 for the year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of grants or student loans.
The mascot for Austin Peay State University is the "Governors", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the NCAA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students who would like to learn more about this school can visit their website at http://www.apsu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants TCAT-Athens accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Austin Peay State University is about 11,000. The student body is made up of 90% undergraduate students and 18% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,300. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $25 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $6,700-$8,100
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $12,000-$14,720
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $280-$340 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $510-$610 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$8,212|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$5,699|
Academics & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Austin Peay State University may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Day care for children
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Austin Peay State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-FCS classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Basketball (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Track and Field (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Football (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
- Beach Volleyball
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Austin Peay State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Austin Peay State University.
- Tennessee State University in Knoxville, TN (38 miles away)
- Murray State University in Morehead, KY (55 miles away)
- Middle Tennessee State University in Memphis, TN (73 miles away)
- The University of Tennessee - Martin in Knoxville, TN (85 miles away)
- University of Southern Indiana in Fort Wayne, IN (101 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: