FINANCIAL AID RATE78%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO18:1
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$7,797
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
CUNY Bernard M Baruch College
1946 Campus Drive, Hyde Park, NY
Baruch, a public institution, offers an assortment of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in New York, New York, the campus offers an urban setting for students to study in. Enrollment at CUNY Bernard M Baruch College exceeds seventeen thousand yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
- English Language And Literature
- Computer And Information Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit school records, which are then evaluated by the admissions staff. Most students at Baruch scored in a range of 1110 to 1310 on the SAT exam. Competition for admissions among applicants is high, given that only 20% of students who applied are accepted to the school.
The tuition at Baruch varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay around $6,100 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $13,000 for the year. The price of on-campus housing is estimated to be $12,000 annually. Students attending Baruch may be eligible for aid which is typically grants and loans.
Athletic programs are available at CUNY Bernard M Baruch College through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, financial aid information, programs offered, and more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.baruch.cuny.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the candidates CUNY Bernard M Baruch College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at CUNY Bernard M Baruch College is around 18,000 students, where graduate students make up roughly 9% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $4,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $65 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $6,900-$8,300
- Out-of-State: $15,000-$17,860
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $310-$370 per unit
- Out-of-State: $620-$740 per unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||78%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$9,766|
|Receiving Student Loans||7%||$6,146|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, CUNY Bernard M Baruch College may provide services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Health Services Administration Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (since 1971)
CUNY Bernard M Baruch College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III without football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (City University of New York Ath Conf)
- Basketball (City University of New York Ath Conf)
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by CUNY Bernard M Baruch College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to CUNY Bernard M Baruch College.
- New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ (7 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Newark in New Brunswick, NJ (10 miles away)
- William Paterson University of New Jersey in Cranford, NJ (18 miles away)
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in New York, NY (22 miles away)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey in Morristown, NJ (26 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: