FINANCIAL AID RATE99%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO15:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE18
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$10,112
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
Delaware State University
Also known as Delaware Tech
100 Campus Drive, Dover, DE
Delaware State University is a public historically black institution located in Dover, DE. Many historically black colleges and universities (also known as HBCUs) were established after the civil war to provide newly freed African Americans with educational opportunities. As a land grant institution this school is one of the larger public institutions in the state of Delaware. Delaware State University has a yearly student enrollment of over 3,800.
Students can choose from several areas of study, including:
- Communications And Journalism
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Social Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. Either the SAT or ACT exam must be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 16 to 20 on the ACT or 1180 to 1400 on the SAT are required to increase your chances for acceptance. 43% of those students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 28% choose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at desu.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school are different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs nearly $7,800 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $17,000 for the year. Housing is available for students, which costs around $7,300 annually. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements.
The Del State Hornets participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
For a complete list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.desu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students Delaware State University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Delaware State University is around 4,600 students. The student body is made up of 92% undergraduate students and 23% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $35 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $7,400-$8,800
- Out-of-State: $16,000-$19,680
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $290-$350 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $670-$800 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$10,256|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$7,382|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Delaware State University may provide services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- * Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 2008)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1987)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1998)
Delaware State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-FCS classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Football (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Delaware State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Delaware State University.
- University of Delaware in Dover, DE (36 miles away)
- Lincoln University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA (48 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Middletown, PA (52 miles away)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA (52 miles away)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania in Allentown, PA (53 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: