FINANCIAL AID RATE85%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO18:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE26
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$6,256
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
East Central University
700 College Road, Warner, OK
East Central University is a public school that has a large selection of majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Ada, OK, in a predominantly rural area. Enrollment at ECU exceeds four thousand annually.
Students may choose from a few areas of study, including:
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Most students admitted to ECU have an SAT score in a range of 860 - 1100, or an ACT composite score between 18 - 23. Roughly 90 percent of all students that applied were accepted at this school, with 72 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at ecok.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school are different for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs close to $5,200 per year and out-of-state tuition costing $12,000 per year. Student housing is available for students and costs about $1,900 each year. Students enrolled at East Central University may qualify for aid which is generally loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The ECU Tigers participate in a number of intercollegiate athletic programs, within the NCAA organization. Available sports offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Students can take a look at the school's www.ecok.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students East Central University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at East Central University is around 3,600 students, where graduate students make up roughly 13% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,300. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $5,600-$6,800
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $15,000-$18,010
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $240-$280 per unit
- Out-of-State: $550-$660 per unit
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||85%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||76%||$5,618|
|Receiving Student Loans||38%||$4,604|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, East Central University may offer student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1996)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1978)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
East Central University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (367)
- Basketball (367)
- Track and Field (367)
- Football (367)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by East Central University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to East Central University.
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University in Durant, OK (55 miles away)
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma in Jenks, OK (75 miles away)
- Langston University in Moore, OK (86 miles away)
- Cameron University in Ada, OK (97 miles away)
- Texas Woman's University in Fort Worth, TX (110 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: