FINANCIAL AID RATE92%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO16:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE34
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$6,610
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
1300 Eagle Rd, Saint Davids, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Edinboro, Pennsylvania and publically funded. Approximately 8,600 students are enrolled annually at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.
Students can choose from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. Either the SAT or ACT exam must be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores between 17 to 22 on the ACT or 1240 to 1540 on the SAT are recommended to increase the chance of acceptance. This school has an admissions rate of around 75% of which only 41% chose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at edinboro.edu.
Tuition & fees at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania are different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs close to $9,200 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $13,000 for the year. Housing may be available for those who wish to live on-campus for around a cost of $5,700 per year. This school may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who qualify as loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
This school has several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the website to get a complete list of areas of study, programs, student services, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the students Edinboro University of Pennsylvania accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania is around 4,800 students, where graduate students make up roughly 12% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $15,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $30 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State: $7,700-$9,300
- Out-of-State: $12,000-$13,890
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $320-$390 per unit
- Out-of-State: $480-$580 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||70%||$6,685|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$7,831|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania may provide services to students including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Day care for children
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Football (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Edinboro University of Pennsylvania by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania in Shippensburg, PA (56 miles away)
- SUNY at Fredonia in Cortland, NY (57 miles away)
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania in Tarentum, PA (60 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Altoona, PA (83 miles away)
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania in Immaculata, PA (109 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: