FINANCIAL AID RATE93%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO18:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE8
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$5,985
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
120 Market St, Kittanning, PA
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania is a public college that has a fair number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Kutztown, Pennsylvania, in a predominantly rural area. Approximately 11,000 students are enrolled annually at KU.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions staff. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to be able to apply to KU. Scores within the range of 17 - 21 on the ACT or 1280 - 1580 on the SAT are needed to increase your chances for getting accepted. An estimated 70 percent of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 29 percent of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at the KU online portal for both graduate and undergraduate studies.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state residents pay around $9,200 and out-of-state residents pay $20,000 for the year. Housing is available for students, which costs around $5,800 for the year. Some students at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered as grants or student loans.
Athletic programs are available at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.kutztown.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates Kutztown University of Pennsylvania accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania has a total student population of about 8,300, where graduate students make up roughly 20% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $22,100. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $35 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State: $7,700-$9,300
- Out-of-State: $12,000-$13,890
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $320-$390 per unit
- Out-of-State: $480-$580 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||77%||$4,963|
|Receiving Student Loans||79%||$7,532|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania may offer services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 1999)
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1999)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Kutztown University of Pennsylvania by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Abington, PA (22 miles away)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania in Allentown, PA (40 miles away)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA (42 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Middletown, PA (44 miles away)
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania in Pittsburgh, PA (46 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: