FINANCIAL AID RATE98%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO17:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE12
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$7,476
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Missouri Western State University
500 E College St, Marshall, MO
Western, a public institution, offers an assortment of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Saint Joseph, Missouri, the school resides in an urban setting for students to study in. Western has a yearly student enrollment of over 6,100.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Western offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The school maintains an open enrollment policy, accepting all students that meet the minimum requirements for admission. Submission of school records, test scores, and letters of recommendations may be required for certain programs. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay approximately $5,400 and nonresidents pay $9,900 for the year. On-campus housing is available for students, and generally costs approximately $4,500 per year. Missouri Western State University may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who are eligible in the form of grants and loans.
The mascot for Missouri Western State University is the "Griffons", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, academics information, programs, and much more can be viewed on school's website at http://www.missouriwestern.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students Missouri Western State University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Missouri Western State University has a total student population of about 5,700. The student body is made up of 96% undergraduate students and 18% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $6,100-$7,300
- Out-of-State: $13,000-$15,090
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $220-$260 per unit
- Out-of-State: $450-$540 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$7,540|
|Receiving Student Loans||54%||$5,872|
Academics & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Missouri Western State University may provide services like:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Missouri Western State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Basketball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Track and Field (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Football (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Missouri Western State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Missouri Western State University.
- Northwest Missouri State University in Kirksville, MO (41 miles away)
- Haskell Indian Nations University in Garden City, KS (61 miles away)
- Washburn University in Hillsboro, KS (70 miles away)
- Peru State College in Norfolk, NE (70 miles away)
- University of Central Missouri in Fayette, MO (92 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: