FINANCIAL AID RATE85%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO14:1
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$4,304
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
Northeastern Illinois University
633 Clark St, Evanston, IL
Northeastern Illinois University, a public institution, offers an assortment of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Chicago, IL, the school offers an urban setting for students to study in. Enrollment at NEIU is nearly 12,000 yearly.
Students may pick from many areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Most students at Northeastern Illinois University scored within the range of 17 to 21 on the ACT. Approximately 60% of all students that applied were admitted at Northeastern Illinois University, with 29% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay close to $8,000, while nonresidents pay $15,000 annually. Students enrolled at this school may be eligible for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
Contact information, academics information, programs, and much more can be viewed on school's website at http://www.neiu.edu/.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the candidates Northeastern Illinois University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Northeastern Illinois University is around 8,100 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 6% enrolling as graduate students and 79% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $19,000. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $30 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State Tuition: $9,700-$12,000
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $19,000-$23,280
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $400-$480 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $810-$970 per credit unit
- Some programs may have tuition rates locked at the first year rate for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||85%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||67%||$6,266|
|Receiving Student Loans||24%||$6,073|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Northeastern Illinois University may provide student services including:
- Online classes
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
- Child care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 2010)
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 2009)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1966)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Northeastern Illinois University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Northeastern Illinois University.
- Chicago State University in Chicago, IL (19 miles away)
- Indiana University - Northwest in Bloomington, IN (35 miles away)
- Governors State University in Quincy, IL (37 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Oshkosh, WI (47 miles away)
- Northern Illinois University in Lisle, IL (55 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: