STUDENT TEACHER RATIO:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE6
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$5,903
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
One Trinity Place, San Antonio, TX
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, a public institution, offers an assortment of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Houston, TX, the school offers an urban setting for students to study in. Enrollment at UTHealth is nearly 4,400 yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Interdisciplinary Studies
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. More information regarding admissions can be found at registrar.uth.tmc.edu.
Tuition & fees at UTHealth are different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs approximately $7,700 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $29,000 for the year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the applicants UTHealth accepts.
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston has a total student population of about 5,300.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $7,700-$9,300
- Out-of-State: $32,000-$38,680
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $180-$220 per unit
- Out-of-State: $770-$920 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||62%||$5,903|
|Student Loans (Federal)||70%||$8,651|
Academics & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston may offer services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Academic counseling for students
- Day care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Endodontics Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Program
- Pediatric Dentistry Program
- Periodontics Program
- Prosthodontics Program
- Master's in Public Health (M.P.H.) Program
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- The University of Texas Medical Branch in San Antonio, TX (46 miles away)
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio in Dallas, TX (191 miles away)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Temple, TX (231 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: