FINANCIAL AID RATE91%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE30
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$6,156
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
Also known as UT Permian Basin
1000 W. Court St, Seguin, TX
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin, a public institution, offers an assortment of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Odessa, TX, the campus offers an urban setting for students to study in. Nearly four thousand students enroll at UT Permian Basin per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Family And Consumer Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit school transcripts, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. Students may provide either the ACT or SAT scores to be considered for admissions at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin. A score in a range of 890 - 1120 on the SAT, or 19 - 24 for the ACT is usually submitted among admitted students. Approximately 80 percent of all students that applied were admitted at this school, with 53 percent of those admitted choosing to attend. More information on admissions can be found at ss.utpb.edu.
The tuition at UT Permian Basin varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay around $5,600 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $14,000 per year. On-campus housing is available for students, and generally costs around $4,600 annually. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin offers a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
- Softball (NCAA Division II)
Students should visit the school's portal today at utpb.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the candidates UT Permian Basin accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin has a total student population of about 5,800. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 7% enrolling as graduate students and 81% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $40 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $4,900-$5,800
- Out-of-State: $5,800-$6,920
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $200-$240 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $240-$290 per credit unit
- Some programs may have tuition rates locked at the first year rate for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||85%||$7,945|
|Receiving Student Loans||40%||$5,522|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, The University of Texas of the Permian Basin may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 2007)
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 2014)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2007)
UT Permian Basin is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Lone Star Conference)
- Basketball (Lone Star Conference)
- Football (Lone Star Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by The University of Texas of the Permian Basin by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to The University of Texas of the Permian Basin.
- Angelo State University in Lufkin, TX (113 miles away)
- Sul Ross State University in Terrell, TX (131 miles away)
- Eastern New Mexico University - Main Campus in Clovis, NM (169 miles away)
- West Texas A&M University in Weatherford, TX (215 miles away)
- Tarleton State University in Alpine, TX (242 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: