FINANCIAL AID RATE97%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO20:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE68
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$10,573
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
University of Louisiana at Monroe
University Station La Hwy 1, Thibodaux, LA
University of Louisiana at Monroe is a public institution located in Monroe, Louisiana and provides a large number of program options for students. ULM has a yearly student enrollment of nearly eight thousand.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs ULM offers:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, you may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 1275 - 1620 for the SAT exam and between 19 - 24 for the ACT exam is typical among students accepted to ULM. This school has an acceptance rate of about 92% of which only 58% decided to attend. More information on admissions can be found here.
Tuition & fees at ULM vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs close to $5,600 per year and out-of-state tuition costing $14,000 for the year. School housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is estimated to be $4,100. Students at University of Louisiana at Monroe may be eligible for aid which is typically scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at ULM through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate athletics. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-A)
- Football (NCAA Division I-A)
Students who would like to learn more about this school may take a look at their website at http://www.ulm.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the candidates University of Louisiana at Monroe accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of Louisiana at Monroe is about 9,300. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 14% enrolling as graduate students and 84% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,500. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $20 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $5,800-$6,900
- Out-of-State: $18,000-$21,470
- For part-time students, charges are between $370-$440 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$12,349|
|Receiving Student Loans||49%||$6,024|
Academics & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, University of Louisiana at Monroe may provide services including:
- Online classes
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care for children
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
University of Louisiana at Monroe is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-FBS classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Sun Belt Conference)
- Basketball (Sun Belt Conference)
- Track and Field (Sun Belt Conference)
- Football (Sun Belt Conference)
- Beach Volleyball
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Louisiana at Monroe by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Louisiana at Monroe.
- Louisiana Tech University in Opelousas, LA (33 miles away)
- Grambling State University in Chalmette, LA (37 miles away)
- Alcorn State University in White Bear Lake, MN (71 miles away)
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana in Minden, LA (80 miles away)
- Southern Arkansas University Main Campus in El Dorado, AR (85 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: