FINANCIAL AID RATE93%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO13:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE50
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$8,404
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Virtual Tour of Campus
College Video Tour
University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK)
6810 P Street #200, Lincoln, NE
University of Nebraska at Kearney is a public institution located in Kearney, NE and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Approximately six thousand students are enrolled per year at University of Nebraska at Kearney.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs UNK offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Family And Consumer Sciences
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. Either the ACT or SAT exam can be taken in order to apply to UNK. Scores within the range of 20 - 25 on the ACT or 890 - 1140 on the SAT are needed to greatly increase your chances for acceptance. UNK admits roughly 90 percent of applicants. Of those applicants admitted, around 48 percent of students enrolled. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The tuition at University of Nebraska at Kearney varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay around $6,800 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $13,000 for the year. The price of on-campus housing is around $4,200 per year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
This school has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Students can visit the school's http://www.unk.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates UNK accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of Nebraska at Kearney is about 6,300. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 15% enrolling as graduate students and 71% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $16,000. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $45 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $6,100-$7,300
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $13,000-$15,950
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $200-$240 per unit
- Out-of-State: $440-$530 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$6,589|
|Receiving Student Loans||51%||$5,959|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, University of Nebraska at Kearney may offer services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
- Child care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1976)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- * Accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (since 1981)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
UNK is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Track and Field (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Football (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Nebraska at Kearney by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Nebraska at Kearney.
- Fort Hays State University in Emporia, KS (127 miles away)
- Wayne State College in Curtis, NE (151 miles away)
- Peru State College in Norfolk, NE (177 miles away)
- Emporia State University in Kansas City, KS (222 miles away)
- Haskell Indian Nations University in Garden City, KS (238 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: