FINANCIAL AID RATE95%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO17:1
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$7,996
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
University of Pittsburgh – Johnstown
150 Finoli Drive, Greensburg, PA
University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown, a public institution, offers a variety of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, the school offers a suburban setting for students to study in. Enrollment at University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown exceeds three thousand annually.
Areas of study available at Pitt-Johnson include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- English Language And Literature
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. The most common test scores among students accepted to University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown are within the range of 19 - 23 for the ACT exam, or 1340 - 1640 on the SAT exam. 88% of those students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 52 percent choose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at upj.pitt.edu.
The tuition at University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay approximately $14,000 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $25,000 per year. Housing is available for students and costs about $5,600 annually. University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown may offer financial aid for students that are eligible in the form of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Pitt-Johnson Mountain Cats participate in a number of athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the students University of Pittsburgh – Johnstown accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of Pittsburgh – Johnstown is about 2,600, where graduate students make up roughly 26% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $19,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $13,000-$16,000
- Out-of-State: $25,000-$29,600
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $550-$660 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $1,000-$1,200 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||87%||$7,309|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$8,559|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, University of Pittsburgh – Johnstown may offer student services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
University of Pittsburgh – Johnstown is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II without football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Pittsburgh – Johnstown by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Pittsburgh – Johnstown.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Altoona in Center Valley, PA (29 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Greensburg in Bradford, PA (36 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Altoona, PA (82 miles away)
- Fairmont State University in Elkins, WV (89 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Titusville in Pittsburgh, PA (103 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- See all colleges in Pennsylvania
- Find out what other state universities are located in Pennsylvania
- Review all the different Pennsylvania liberal arts colleges