FINANCIAL AID RATE96%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO14:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE62
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$5,874
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
University of West Alabama
3060 Wilson Rd SW, Birmingham, AL
University of West Alabama provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Livingston, Alabama and publically funded. University of West Alabama has an annual student enrollment of approximately five thousand.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Social Sciences
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. Most students admitted to this school have an SAT score within the range of 997 - 1160, or an ACT score between 18 - 22. 49% of applicants are accepted to UWA, of which 78 percent choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at admissions.uwa.edu.
The tuition at UWA varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay approximately $7,600 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $14,000 annually. On-campus housing is available for students and costs about $2,800 each year. Students enrolled at this school may qualify for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
The University of West Alabama Tigers participate in several athletic programs, within the NCAA organization. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Softball (NCAA Division II)
Students may take a look at the school's www.uwa.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants University of West Alabama accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at University of West Alabama is around 5,200 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 8% enrolling as graduate students and 41% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,400. There is also a $30 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $9,100-$11,000
- Out-of-State: $18,000-$21,840
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $330-$390 per unit
- Out-of-State: $650-$780 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition, allowing students to purchase tuition at current rates for future years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||92%||$7,110|
|Receiving Student Loans||96%||$7,077|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, University of West Alabama may offer student services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care for children
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1978)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
University of West Alabama is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Gulf South Conference)
- Basketball (Gulf South Conference)
- Football (Gulf South Conference)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of West Alabama by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of West Alabama.
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania in Jenkintown, PA (88 miles away)
- Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania in Lincoln University, PA (129 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Titusville in Pittsburgh, PA (135 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Lehman, PA (154 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Altoona in Center Valley, PA (172 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: