Students interested in a career in cosmetology and beauty can obtain an education through Lancaster School of Cosmetology, which is located in a residential area of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. For the last thirty-one straight years this school has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. The school offers an in-depth cosmetology program that teaches the skills needed to obtain licensure and employment upon graduation. In addition, Lancaster School of Cosmetology also has a nail technology program for students who wish to pursue nail care, a massage therapy program, which adds additional skills needed in spa settings, and an esthetics program, which provides an excellent education in the area of skin care and treatment.
Lancaster School of Cosmetology enrolls around 150 students per year, providing students an excellent learning atmosphere, with about 66% of students who start the program continue on to complete it. The average default rate of individuals taking student loans over the reported last three years (2007-2009) was about 5%.
Lancaster School of Cosmetology provides student services including job placement opportunities for graduating students in need of employment and cosmetology career guidance & assistance for current and graduated students. City and state licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students lookup obtaining a license in cosmetology. Students can learn more about Lancaster School of Cosmetology, including licensing and consumer disclosures, by visiting lancasterschoolofcosmetology.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Lancaster School of Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (717) 393-0654.
Cosmetology (1,250 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes on average eleven months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $13,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- 31 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 11 months to complete
Get more information about cosmetology and find other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools page.
Esthetician (300 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about four months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $5,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $700*
- 60 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Find out more esthetician programs by taking a look at our esthetician schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Massage Therapy (600 Hours)
Massage therapy program takes on average eight months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- 18 students completed the massage therapy program last year
- Takes about 8 months to complete
Find out more massage therapy programs by taking a look at our massage therapy schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
program takes on average six months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $4,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $600*
- The length of the program is usually 6 months
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered most often takes about five months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $6,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $300*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 5 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,000. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $100 application fee for students applying to the school. Student who wish to obtain more information regarding financial aid may contact the school's financial aid office at (717) 299-0200, which has information regarding types of aid, forms and more. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||48%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||27%||$3,450|
|Receiving Student Loans||41%||$3,362|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Lancaster School of Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Lancaster in York, PA (4 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Lebanon in Elizabethtown, PA (19 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - York in Lebanon, PA (20 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Reading in Harrisburg, PA (29 miles away)
- International Beauty School - Bel Air in Columbia, MD (35 miles away)
- Schilling - Douglas School of Hair Design in Wilmington, DE (37 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Hanover in Tulsa, OK (42 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell The School - Delaware in Colorado Springs, CO (43 miles away)