Salon Success Academy is a system of schools founded by Richard Gross. The schools are located throughout California’s Inland Empire, with a total of five campuses. The school maintains family ownership, having been passed down to Robert Gross, the son of the founder. During his tenure as president the school has expanded its campuses and offerings, resulting in a wider service area and increased enrollment.
Day and evening classes are available, allowing student to create a flexible schedule for their esthetics or cosmetology program. Courses are taught by experienced professionals as part of the schools goal to provide quality education and training for its students. The school assists in academic and career progress, helping students find their way toward a successful future. Financial aid options are also available for students that may require additional assistance.
El Cajon Location
The El Cajon branch of Salon Success Academy is located at 8800 Grossmont College Dr. Approximately sixty-three students graduate from this campus yearly. This campus provides services for students in the form of career counseling assistance to help students define their goals, post-graduation job placement options, and flexible courses for those with irregular schedules. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting gotobeautyschool.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Salon Success Academy – San Bernardino. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (619) 644-7000.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $21,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,100*
- 30 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Get more information about cosmetology and see other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools information page.
Barber (1,500 Hours)
Barber program takes approximately eleven months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $20,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,700*
- 19 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 11 months to complete
program takes approximately three months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,300*
- The length of the program is usually 3 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,700. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $100 application fee for those applying to a program. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (909) 882-2987. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Salon Success Academy – San Bernardino. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||75%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||68%||$5,570|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$7,098|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Salon Success Academy – San Bernardino. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Salon Success Academy - Redlands in Fontana, CA (6 miles away)
- Salon Success Academy - Fontana in Allentown, PA (14 miles away)
- Salon Success Academy - Upland in Eureka, CA (20 miles away)
- Salon Success Academy - Corona in Upland, CA (22 miles away)
- COBA Academy in San Jose, CA (40 miles away)
- Santa Ana Beauty Academy in West Jordan, UT (40 miles away)
- Colleen O'Haras Beauty Academy in Mesa, AZ (43 miles away)
- Thanh Le College School of Cosmetology in Los Angeles, CA (43 miles away)