FINANCIAL AID RATE100%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO11:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE2
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$21,761
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Davis & Elkins College
1000 Vermillion Street, Athens, WV
Davis & Elkins College is a nonprofit private school that has a fair number of degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Elkins, WV, in a predominantly rural area. The school maintains a Presbyterian Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. The low student to teacher ratio and access to faculty is due primarily to the small student body, over 800 students, maintained by Davis & Elkins College.
Areas of study available at Davis and Elkins College include:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. The most common scores among applicants admitted to Davis and Elkins College are within the range of 17 - 22 for the ACT exam, or 1210 - 1540 for the SAT exam. Roughly 50% of all applicant were admitted at Davis and Elkins College, with 22% of those admitted choosing to attend.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $25,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should use the school's net price calculator to identify their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements.
Davis & Elkins College offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
To see a full list of areas of study, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at www.dewv.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the applicants Davis & Elkins College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Davis & Elkins College is around 790 students, with undergraduate students making up about 100% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $29,000-$35,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,200 to $1,400 per unit
- on campus dorms & meals are estimated to cost around $12,000
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$22,596|
|Receiving Student Loans||81%||$6,716|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Davis & Elkins College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- * Accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council, Accreditation Committee (since 2006)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1993)
- Theatre Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre, Commission on Accreditation (since 1998)
Davis & Elkins College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II without football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (370)
- Basketball (370)
- Track and Field (370)
- Other Sports
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Davis & Elkins College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Davis & Elkins College.
- Alderson Broaddus College in Yakima, WA (19 miles away)
- West Virginia Wesleyan College in Beckley, WV (20 miles away)
- Salem International University in Beckley, WV (46 miles away)
- Bridgewater College in Bluefield, VA (60 miles away)
- Eastern Mennonite University in Emory, VA (61 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: