FINANCIAL AID RATE100%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO13:1
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$24,756
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
West Virginia Wesleyan College
Also known as West Virginia University Tech
512 South Kanawha Street, Beckley, WV
West Virginia Wesleyan College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Buckhannon, WV, which is a predominantly rural area. The school's United Methodist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Approximately a thousand students enroll at West Virginia Wesleyan College annually.
Students may choose from a few areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam is required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 1240 to 1590 for the SAT exam and between 20 to 26 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to this school. West Virginia Wesleyan College admits around 80% of applicants annually. Of those students accepted, about 30% of students registered for enrollment. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $27,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is approximately $4,200. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The West Virginia Wesleyan College Bobcats participate in several athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the school's http://www.wvwc.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates West Virginia Wesleyan College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at West Virginia Wesleyan College is about 1,300, where graduate students make up roughly 25% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $31,000-$37,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,000-$1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$25,283|
|Receiving Student Loans||93%||$6,201|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, West Virginia Wesleyan College may provide services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1957)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2011)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1971)
West Virginia University Tech is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (370)
- Basketball (370)
- Football (370)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
- Other Sports
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by West Virginia Wesleyan College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to West Virginia Wesleyan College.
- Alderson Broaddus College in Yakima, WA (13 miles away)
- Davis & Elkins College in Athens, WV (20 miles away)
- Waynesburg University in Washington, PA (61 miles away)
- Ohio Valley University in Parkersburg, WV (74 miles away)
- Marietta College in Canton, OH (76 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: