FINANCIAL AID RATE100%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO12:1
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$21,306
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
815 W Market St, Greensboro, NC
Guilford College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Greensboro, North Carolina, which is a predominantly urban area. The Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. Guilford College has a yearly student enrollment of about two thousand.
Students may select from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- English Language And Literature
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, student records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 1410 - 1810 on the SAT and between 21 - 26 for the ACT exam is typical among students admitted to this school. Approximately 60 percent of all students that applied were accepted at this school, with 19 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $33,000 for the year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Guilford College may provide financial aid for students who are eligible in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Guilford College Quakers participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, within the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, admission forms, programs offered, and much more may be accessed on school's website at www.guilford.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students Guilford College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Guilford College has a total student population of about 1,600. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 23% enrolling as graduate students and 99% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $42,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,100 to $1,300 per unit
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$25,113|
|Receiving Student Loans||69%||$6,643|
Academics & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Guilford College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
Guilford College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Football (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Guilford College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Guilford College.
- Bennett College for Women in Belmont, NC (6 miles away)
- High Point University in Dunn, NC (10 miles away)
- Salem College in Raleigh, NC (20 miles away)
- Catawba College in Morehead City, NC (43 miles away)
- Livingstone College in Greensboro, NC (44 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- See all colleges in North Carolina
- Browse our list of private colleges in North Carolina
- See all the liberal arts colleges in North Carolina
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in North Carolina