FINANCIAL AID RATE88%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO14:1
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$11,680
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Virtual Tour of Campus
College Video Tour
High Point University (HPU)
494 Antioch Church Road, Dunn, NC
HPU, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in High Point, North Carolina, it offers an urban setting for students to study in. The school's United Methodist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Enrollment at High Point University is nearly four thousand annually.
Areas of study offered at HPU include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, transcripts, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 1500 to 1780 on the SAT and in a range of 21 to 26 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to this school. This school has an acceptance rate of around 56 percent of which only 32 percent decided to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at highpoint.edu.
The mascot for HPU is the "Panthers", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the oversight and organization of the NCAA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Contact information, academics information, programs offered, and more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.highpoint.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the applicants High Point University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at High Point University is around 5,100 students, with undergraduate students making up about 88% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $32,000-$38,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,000 to $1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||88%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||85%||$11,588|
|Receiving Student Loans||50%||$11,693|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, High Point University may offer services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1992)
High Point University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I without football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Big South Conference)
- Basketball (Big South Conference)
- Track and Field (Big South Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by High Point University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to High Point University.
- Guilford College in Greensboro, NC (10 miles away)
- Greensboro College in Dallas, NC (13 miles away)
- Bennett College for Women in Belmont, NC (14 miles away)
- Salem College in Raleigh, NC (16 miles away)
- Wake Forest University in Henderson, NC (20 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Get a list of all the colleges in North Carolina
- Review a list of North Carolina private colleges
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in North Carolina