FINANCIAL AID RATE46%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO10:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE8
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$35,473
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Wake Forest University
200 Community College Road, Henderson, NC
Wake Forest University is a nonprofit private institution located in Winston Salem, NC and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Approximately seven thousand students enroll at WFU per year.
Students can choose from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Communications And Journalism
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. This school accepts approximately 40% of students applying annually. Of those students accepted, around 32% of students registered for enrollment. More information on admissions can be found at wfu.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $46,000, but may change from year to year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better understand their cost of attendance. Housing may be available for students that want to live on-campus for a cost of $8,300 for the year. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
This school offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-A)
For a complete list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.wfu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the students Wake Forest University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Wake Forest University has a total student population of about 8,400, where graduate students make up roughly 17% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $60,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $2,300 to $2,700 per unit
- May provide a prepaid tuition option, which allows tuition to be purchased at current rates for enrollment at a future date
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||46%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||38%||$41,719|
|Receiving Student Loans||23%||$10,879|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Wake Forest University may provide services including:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theology (Ministry) Program
Wake Forest University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-FBS classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Atlantic Coast Conference)
- Basketball (Atlantic Coast Conference)
- Track and Field (Atlantic Coast Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Atlantic Coast Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Wake Forest University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Wake Forest University.
- Salem College in Raleigh, NC (4 miles away)
- High Point University in Dunn, NC (20 miles away)
- Guilford College in Greensboro, NC (22 miles away)
- Greensboro College in Dallas, NC (27 miles away)
- Bennett College for Women in Belmont, NC (28 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: