FINANCIAL AID RATE82%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO18:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE2
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$7,307
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
CUNY College of Staten Island
2900 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY
CUNY College of Staten Island is a public institution that has a large number of majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Staten Island, NY, in a predominantly urban area. Enrollment at CSI is nearly fourteen thousand yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Social Sciences
- English Language And Literature
To be considered for admissions, students may be asked to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Most students admitted to this school score in a range of 910 - 1100 on the SAT exam. 90% of applicants are accepted to CUNY College of Staten Island, of which 31 percent choose to attend.
The tuition at this school varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay nearly $6,100 per year, while out-of-state residents are charged $13,000 per year. Students at CUNY College of Staten Island may qualify for aid which is typically grants and loans.
Athletic programs are available at CSI through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
- Softball (NCAA Division III)
- Swimming and Diving (NCAA Division III)
Students may take a look at the school's http://www.csi.cuny.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates CUNY College of Staten Island accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
CUNY College of Staten Island has a total student population of about 13,000. The student body is made up of 92% undergraduate students and 20% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $65 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $6,900-$8,300
- Out-of-State: $15,000-$17,860
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $310-$370 per unit
- Out-of-State: $620-$740 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$8,031|
|Receiving Student Loans||15%||$5,366|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, CUNY College of Staten Island may offer services to students including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
CUNY College of Staten Island is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III without football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (City University of New York Ath Conf)
- Basketball (City University of New York Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (City University of New York Ath Conf)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by CUNY College of Staten Island by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to CUNY College of Staten Island.
- New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ (6 miles away)
- Kean University in Dover, NJ (7 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Newark in New Brunswick, NJ (9 miles away)
- CUNY Brooklyn College in Bronx, NY (11 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in Hyde Park, NY (13 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: