FINANCIAL AID RATE99%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO16:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE8
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$9,444
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
449 Saint Andrews Rd, Columbia, SC
Lander University is a public university that has a large number of degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Greenwood, South Carolina, in a predominantly rural area. Enrollment at Lander University is nearly three thousand yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Lander University offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Social Sciences
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. Students may take either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions to Lander University. A score between 1240 to 1560 on the SAT, or 18 to 22 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. 46% of those who apply are admitted to Lander University, of which 51 percent choose to attend. Key information regarding admissions can be found by calling Lander University or by completing the form here.
Tuition & fees at Lander University vary for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs around $10,000 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $20,000 annually. School housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is about $4,600. This school may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who are eligible in the form of grants and loans.
The Lander University "Bearcats" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Soccer (NCAA Division II)
Students can take a look at the school's www.lander.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students Lander University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Lander University is around 3,000 students. The student body is made up of 98% undergraduate students and 29% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $14,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State Tuition: $11,000-$13,000
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $20,000-$24,360
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $450-$540 per unit
- Out-of-State: $850-$1,000 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$9,514|
|Receiving Student Loans||74%||$6,132|
Academics & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Lander University may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Montessori Teacher Education Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Lander University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II without football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Peach Belt Conference)
- Basketball (Peach Belt Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lander University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lander University.
- University of South Carolina - Union in Sumter, SC (47 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Aiken in Clinton, SC (48 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Orangeburg, SC (56 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Kingstree, SC (84 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Lancaster in Columbia, SC (87 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Visit the main South Carolina colleges & universities profile page
- Browse our list of public colleges in South Carolina