FINANCIAL AID RATE94%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO19:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE58
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$6,962
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Virtual Tour of Campus
Northeastern State University (NSU)
8820 East Pine Street, Tulsa, OK
Northeastern State University is a public institution located in Tahlequah, Oklahoma and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Over nine thousand students enroll at NSU per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Northeastern State University offers:
- Security And Protective Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are asked to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Most students admitted to NSU score in a range of 18 - 23 on the ACT. NSU has an acceptance rate of around 54% of which only 69% chose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at offices.nsuok.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state residents pay approximately $5,100 and nonresidents pay $12,000 for the year. Student housing is available for students, which costs around $2,600 for the year. Students attending Northeastern State University may qualify for aid which is typically scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Northeastern State University "RiverHawks" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
For a complete list of areas of study, programs, enrollment information, student services, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.nsuok.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Northeastern State University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Northeastern State University has a total student population of about 7,900, where graduate students make up roughly 11% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $25 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $5,900-$7,100
- Out-of-State: $14,000-$17,180
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $260-$310 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $540-$650 per credit unit
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$7,019|
|Receiving Student Loans||44%||$5,081|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Northeastern State University may provide student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Northeastern State University
- Dietetics Program
- Music Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Optometry (O.D.) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Campus: NSU at Muskogee
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1984)
NSU is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II with football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Basketball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Football (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Northeastern State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Northeastern State University.
- Rogers State University in Tulsa, OK (46 miles away)
- University of Arkansas - Fort Smith in Little Rock, AR (50 miles away)
- Missouri Southern State University in Saint Louis, MO (86 miles away)
- Pittsburg State University in Overland Park, KS (103 miles away)
- East Central University in Warner, OK (124 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: