Aveda is a company founded in 1978 by Horst Rechelbacher after a trip to India allowed him to outline his idea for products and services that would define the Aveda name. Currently the company is owned by Estee Lauder Companies, Inc. though it operates as a separate entity. The Aveda Institutes are a collection of fifty nine locations globally that provide education and training in cosmetology and esthetics. The company also prides itself on its environmental awareness and dedication making the world a better place.
Aveda Institutes are also spas and salons, which allows student who choose to attend to experience multiple aspects of business beyond the tradition skin and hair care education. Aveda’s approach to education involves preparing students for the real world, taking on the roles necessary to understand and succeed in the beauty business. In addition graduates may find employment opportunities through an Aveda spa or salon, providing job security and potential growth.
Las Vegas Location
The Las Vegas branch of Aveda Institutes is located at 4448 South Eastern Avenue. About 820 students have graduated from this location in recent years. This campus provides services for students in the form of career counseling for students in need of assistance, job placement opportunities for students after graduation, and flexible courses for individuals who cannot make regular hours. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting avedaarts.edu.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Aveda Institute – New York. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (702) 734-9900.
Cosmetology (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered commonly takes about seven months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $18,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $3,000*
- 74 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 7 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about five months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $9,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,800*
- 88 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 5 months
Get more information about esthetician and see other schools listed by checking out our esthetician schools page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $23,000. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. A fee of $100 is required from all applicants. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (212) 367-0333. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||78%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||56%||$4,450|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$9,732|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Aveda Institute – New York. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Carsten Aveda Institute of New York in Layton, UT (1 miles away)
- Atelier Esthetique Institute of Esthetics in Louisville, KY (2 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Manhattan in Suffern, NY (2 miles away)
- Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue - New York in Moreno Valley, CA (2 miles away)
- Total Image Beauty Academy in Asheville, NC (3 miles away)
- Lia Schorr Institute of Cosmetic Skin Care Training in Brooklyn, NY (3 miles away)
- Robert Fiance Beauty Schools - West New York in New Brunswick, NJ (4 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Queens in Hudson, NY (5 miles away)