Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue - New York is located in New York, NY, and is a beauty school that focuses on cosmetology training. The school offers a comprehensive cosmetology program that teaches the skills and abilities needed to pursue licensure and gainful employment upon completion.
Enrollment at this school is nearly 260 students annually. In 2009 the reported default rate of students taking loans to pay the tuition and fees for this school was approximately 7.1%.
Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue - New York provides job placement opportunities for graduates in need of employment. Students are advised to look up state licensing requirements to determine whether programs meet current standards. Students can learn more about Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue - New York, including licensing and consumer disclosures, by visiting hairdesigninstitute.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue – New York. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (951) 571-6100.
Cosmetology (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about ten months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- 52 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program offered usually takes about five months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $10,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $800*
- 22 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 5 months to complete
Find out more esthetician programs by visiting our esthetician schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
The program offered usually takes about two months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $700*
- The length of the program is usually 2 months
Personal Grooming Arts (75 Hours)
Personal grooming arts program takes approximately one month to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $1,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $200*
- Takes about 1 month to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $20,800 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $100. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue – New York for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||84%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$4,733|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$6,506|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue – New York. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Manhattan in Suffern, NY (0.4 miles away)
- Atelier Esthetique Institute of Esthetics in Louisville, KY (0.8 miles away)
- Lia Schorr Institute of Cosmetic Skin Care Training in Brooklyn, NY (1 miles away)
- Carsten Aveda Institute of New York in Layton, UT (1 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - New York in Las Vegas, NV (2 miles away)
- Robert Fiance Beauty Schools - West New York in New Brunswick, NJ (3 miles away)
- Total Image Beauty Academy in Asheville, NC (3 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Queens in Hudson, NY (4 miles away)