Interested individuals in and around Grand Prairie may pursue a cosmetology education by enrolling at Mid - Cities Barber College. The school offers an in-depth cosmetology program that provides the skills and abilities necessary to get licensure and long term employment upon completion. The cosmetology training courses offered at this location are:
Over the past couple of years close to 80 students have attended this school, with about 49% of those who start the program continue on to complete it.
Mid - Cities Barber College offers student services including cosmetology career counseling assistance for current and graduated students and job placement options for graduates in need of employment. State and county licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is recommended students lookup obtaining a license in cosmetology. Students can learn more about Mid - Cities Barber College, including licensure preparation, by visiting midcitiesbarbercollege.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Mid – Cities Barber College. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (787) 854-4776.
Barber (1,500 Hours)
Barber program takes on average thirteen months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $10,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,700*
- 7 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (750 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered most often takes about seven months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $5,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $300*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 7 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||6%||$2,960|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Mid – Cities Barber College. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Ogle School Hair Skin Nails - Arlington in Odessa, TX (8 miles away)
- Tint School of Makeup and Cosmetology - Irving in Dallas, TX (8 miles away)
- Advanced Beauty College in Bedford, TX (9 miles away)
- Neilson Beauty College in Corsicana, TX (11 miles away)
- DuVall's School of Cosmetology in Houston, TX (13 miles away)
- Ogle School Hair Skin Nails - Hurst in Knoxville, TN (14 miles away)
- Texas Beauty College in Irving, TX (17 miles away)
- Ogle School Hair Skin Nails - Dallas in Troy, MI (17 miles away)