Aveda is a company founded in 1978 by Horst Rechelbacher after a trip to India allowed him to outline his idea for products and services that would define the Aveda name. Currently the company is owned by Estee Lauder Companies, Inc. though it operates as a separate entity. The Aveda Institutes are a collection of fifty nine locations globally that provide education and training in cosmetology and esthetics. The company also prides itself on its environmental awareness and dedication making the world a better place.
Aveda Institutes are also spas and salons, which allows student who choose to attend to experience multiple aspects of business beyond the tradition skin and hair care education. Aveda’s approach to education involves preparing students for the real world, taking on the roles necessary to understand and succeed in the beauty business. In addition graduates may find employment opportunities through an Aveda spa or salon, providing job security and potential growth.
Farmers Branch Location
The Farmers Branch branch of Aveda Institutes is located at 13617 Inwood Rd. Suite 240. About 740 students have graduated from this location in recent years. This location offers student services in the form of career guidance for students in need of assistance and job placement options for students after graduation. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting avedaarts.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Aveda Institute – San Antonio. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (972) 239-5700.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually thirteen months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,700*
- 82 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Learn more and browse other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools information page.
Esthetician (750 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $11,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,000*
- 93 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 6 months to complete
Get more information about esthetician and browse other schools listed by visiting our esthetician schools information page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,900. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. There is also a $100 application fee for those applying to a program. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Aveda Institute – San Antonio for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||69%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||51%||$4,714|
|Receiving Student Loans||64%||$5,852|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Aveda Institute – San Antonio. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- SW School of Business and Technical Careers - Cosmetology in Houston, TX (2 miles away)
- Mims Classic Beauty College in Wichita Falls, TX (4 miles away)
- Milan Institute of Cosmetology - San Antonio Military in Tampa, FL (6 miles away)
- University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Jamar in Fort Worth, TX (6 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - San Antonio in Sarasota, FL (7 miles away)
- University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Perrin in Huntsville, TX (8 miles away)
- Milan Institute - San Antonio Ingram in CHESTER, VA (8 miles away)
- Seguin Beauty School - New Braunfels in Nashville, TN (28 miles away)