Interested individuals in and around San Antonio may obtain a cosmetology education by attending University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Perrin. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the cosmetology education provided by University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Perrin for over 27 consecutive years. University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Perrin primarily offers classes in the area of cosmetology through professional and experienced teachers, increasing the chances that students who complete the program will have the skills and abilities required to pursue licensure and gainful employment. The cosmetology training courses that may be offered at this school are:
The school had an enrollment of close to seventy-four students last year. This school reported individuals had a federal loan default rate of around 17% in 2009.
University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Perrin provides job placement options for graduating students in need of employment. Students are advised to look up state and county licensing requirements to make sure programs meet established standards. For additional information regarding licensing and consumer disclosures, interested students may visit the school's website.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences – San Antonio Perrin. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (936) 291-6299.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $5,300*
- 16 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Read more and see other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (750 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes approximately seven months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $400*
- Takes about 7 months to complete
Esthetician (750 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about seven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $9,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,600*
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 7 months
Find out more esthetician programs through our esthetician schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
program takes approximately six months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $7,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- The length of the program is usually 6 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences – San Antonio Perrin is $12,900. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. A fee of $150 is required from all applicants. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (210) 654-9734. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$2,747|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$3,727|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences – San Antonio Perrin. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Mims Classic Beauty College in Wichita Falls, TX (6 miles away)
- SW School of Business and Technical Careers - Cosmetology in Houston, TX (8 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - San Antonio in Farmers Branch, TX (8 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - San Antonio in Sarasota, FL (11 miles away)
- Milan Institute - San Antonio Ingram in CHESTER, VA (13 miles away)
- University of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - San Antonio Jamar in Fort Worth, TX (14 miles away)
- Milan Institute of Cosmetology - San Antonio Military in Tampa, FL (14 miles away)
- Seguin Beauty School - New Braunfels in Nashville, TN (21 miles away)