Located in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, Kittanning Beauty School is a private beauty school that offers career education for potential students interested in cosmetology. For the last twenty-three consecutive years this school has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. This school's cosmetology program is designed to prepare students for long term employment upon completion, providing all the skills needed to prepare students for licensure and entry into the beauty industry. In addition, this school also has a nail technology program, which offers education in nail care and a cosmetology instructor training program for professionals who aim to become educators.
About 98 students completed their training at Kittanning Beauty School over the past several years, with about 63% of those who start the program continue on to graduate. Between the years of 2007-2009 the estimated average default rate for students taking loans to help pay the tuition for this school was around 11%.
Kittanning Beauty School offers student services including cosmetology career guidance for current and graduated students and job placement opportunities for graduating students in need of employment. Students are advised to look up state licensing requirements to make sure programs meet current standards. Get even more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see program details, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Kittanning Beauty School. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (570) 208-5900.
Cosmetology (1,250 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about fifteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,000*
- 6 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (625 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered most often takes about eight months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $7,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $200*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 8 months
Esthetician (300 Hours)
Esthetician program takes on average four months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $800*
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 4 months
Read more and find other schools listed by checking out our esthetician schools profile page.
The program takes about four months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $3,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $800*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,700. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (724) 287-0708. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at Kings College, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with Kings College for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||33%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||19%||$4,423|
|Receiving Student Loans||24%||$6,498|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Kittanning Beauty School. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Butler Beauty School in Feasterville, PA (20 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Monroeville in Bordentown, NJ (30 miles away)
- Bella Capelli Academy in Oakland, CA (30 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - North Hills in Richmond, VA (33 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - West Mifflin in Owings Mills, MD (40 miles away)
- South Hills Beauty Academy Inc in Wynnewood, PA (40 miles away)
- Beaver Falls Beauty Academy in Titusville, PA (42 miles away)
- New Castle School of Beauty Culture in Houston, TX (45 miles away)