Located in Pittsburgh, PA, South Hills Beauty Academy Inc is a private beauty school that provides career education for students interested in cosmetology. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the instruction & training provided by South Hills Beauty Academy Inc for over 38 years. This school's cosmetology program is constructed to train students for gainful employment upon completion, providing all the skills necessary to prepare students for licensure and entry into the beauty industry. The cosmetology programs that may be offered at this school are:
In 2010-2011 about ninety students completed programs at this school, with students graduating with a rate of around 90%. In 2009 the reported default rate of students taking student loans to pay for this school was approximately 7%.
South Hills Beauty Academy Inc provides job placement options for graduates looking for work. Students must look up local and state licensing regulations to ensure programs meet established standards. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit shnhbeauty.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at South Hills Beauty Academy Inc. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (610) 667-3394.
Cosmetology (1,250 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about thirteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,200*
- 22 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 13 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Esthetician (325 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about three months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $5,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,300*
- 62 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 3 months
Get more information about esthetician and find other schools listed by checking out our esthetician schools page.
The program offered usually takes about three months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $5,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,600*
- The length of the program is usually 3 months
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (500 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered usually takes about five months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $7,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $700*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $14,900 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $75. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (412) 561-3381. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at South Hills Beauty Academy Inc, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||58%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||30%||$5,000|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$5,517|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to South Hills Beauty Academy Inc. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - West Mifflin in Owings Mills, MD (6 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - North Hills in Richmond, VA (12 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Monroeville in Bordentown, NJ (14 miles away)
- Bella Capelli Academy in Oakland, CA (14 miles away)
- Beaver Falls Beauty Academy in Titusville, PA (29 miles away)
- Butler Beauty School in Feasterville, PA (33 miles away)
- Kittanning Beauty School in Wilkes-Barre, PA (40 miles away)
- Scott College of Cosmetology in Springfield, OH (42 miles away)